Fans of Johnny Depp in Louisiana and throughout the country followed his divorce case in 2017. He and former wife, Amber Heard, are said to have a mutual disdain for one another. While they resolved their initial family law problems when their divorce was finalized, new issues have surfaced in conjunction with their agreement that have prompted Depp to file a lawsuit against his ex.

When the two divorced, they signed a non-disclosure agreement. Many spouses do this when they want to protect their privacy. However, Depp is now suing Heard for defamation of character because he said she breached the agreement when she wrote an article about being a victim of domestic violence.

Depp is seeking $50 million in damages. His attorneys say they can refute Heard’s allegations. They reportedly have surveillance evidence, as well as several police officers whose testimony will show that Heard’s allegations are unsubstantiated. Depp also claims that Heard was physically violent during their marriage, especially during one altercation when she allegedly tried to cut off his fingers.

It seems the Depp versus Heard case is headed for trial in February 2020, which is likely to take approximately two weeks to conclude. The basis of Depp’s claim stems from the agreement he and Heard signed in family law court. The judge overseeing the case will be tasked with determining whether Heard indeed violated the non-disclosure agreement by publishing an article about domestic violence. Any man or woman in Louisiana facing similar legal problems may seek support from an attorney who has handled cases like this before.


Haley & Associates has sent our staff home out of precaution of the COVID-19 virus.

Attorney Haley will be available for emergency consultations regarding criminal defense matters. Courts will take up emergency/time sensitive matters such as bonds, bench warrant recalls, or probation holds. Many of these hearings will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.

Attorney Greenhouse will be available via video conferencing for emergency family court matters.

We will do our best to answer your calls remotely, but may not be able to answer all calls immediately. The best way to reach us if we are not available via phone is email and we will get back in touch with you promptly.

Stay well!

You have Successfully Subscribed!