Haley And Associates In Action
At Haley & Associates, we work hard for our clients and that hard work has been recognized both in the press and in the results we have received in court.
$8.2 Million Jury Verdict (October 2019)
- Elray Lege was diagnosed with mesothelioma at 70 years old. He had previously worked as an insulator for Cajun Insulation at the Cities Services/Columbian Chemical/Birla facility in Lake Charles.
- Jury awarded survival damages in the amount of $4M, wrongful death damages of $4M and compensation for Mr. Lege’s medical and burial expenses.
- Mr. Lege was represented by Ron Haley, Lance Unglesby, Lewis Unglesby, Ron Haley, Chris Murell, Jamie Gontarek and Jeff Gaughan.
State v. Hines (November 2018)
- Attempted Second Degree Murder & Illegal Use of a Weapon
- Alleged victim ID the client as the shooter.
- Jury found Hines Not Guilty on all counts.
State v. Howard (August 2018)
- BRPD Officer accused Howard of shooting at him during a traffic stop.
- Howard was arrested on Attempted 1st Degree Murder of a Police Officer and Illegal Use of a Weapon.
- Charges dropped within 30 days.
- Officer fired for lying.
State v. Deville (December 2018)
- Client charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Heroin.
- Charges dismissed due to illegal search and seizure.